Twenty-something dreamer and recent university graduate, unsure of what lies ahead but very much enthused by unpredictability and all things quirky. If I had my way, I’d have mangoes, vanilla cupcakes, and wine every day. Fortunately for my liver, I don’t always have my way and you know what? That’s pretty darn okay. Minus the no-wine-every-day-part. Seriously.
Things you should know about me? Here’s a small list (#6 will ring true):
1. Amélie is my spirit animal.
2. Alfred Hitchcock is my cinematic god, and Vertigo is the soundtrack to my life.
3. There is a special place in my heart for most reptiles (keyword: most). I mean, look at that adorable grin! Right? RIGHT?!
4. …But deep down, I’m a dog person.
5. I’m also a foodie and will go to great lengths to prep the perfect meal when I put my mind to it. Or I’ll appreciate others’ cuisine. As long as there’s good food, no one gets hurt.
6. I have a special talent for making lists, which I create for anything and everything. (It’s a disease.)
7. …And I’m that annoying person who insists on taking group shots, but I often end up setting the self-timer for a too short amount of time such that the single group shot becomes 2, 3, sometimes 5 group shots. The struggle is real, folks!
But on to more serious stuff.
Having experienced a few deaths in 2014, and feeling at times overwhelmed and overworked, it suddenly dawned on me: What am I doing with my life? Where is this all going? Sure, working all day every day can be fun when you’re a workaholic (guilty as charged), but as our dear Ferris Bueller says so well: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
I’m not going to miss it.